Today, we officially released Version 1.0.7 of the desktop app for Mac and Windows. The desktop app is capable of all functionality currently available with the web app in Chrome, as well as the following:
- User credentials are saved after your first login, with auto-login for subsequent sessions
- The app restarts when you come back from sleep to avoid stale data
- All popup notifications (on hangup, from incoming calls, on transfer, on queue alert, and on chat) are enabled by default (these can be changed in Settings and will remain separate from your notification settings in the web app)>
- Clicking on a popup notification will bring the OnSIP app window to the front of your screen
- A systems tray menu (Mac) and taskbar menu (Windows) displays the Menu options in the app and will bring the OnSIP app window to the front of your screen when selected
Note: For Windows users, the app will use your system’s default device for audio input and output, not your communications device.
For more details, check out our blog post here.
While we decided to create this page in coordination with the release of our desktop app, future notes will apply to the web app as well (app.onsip.com).
If you’d like to be notified of new release notes, you can subscribe to updates by entering your email below. While we might not publish a release note for every single update (we like to fix things quickly), we’ll do our best to keep you informed of what we’re working on. When new features are released, we will continue adding articles to our Knowledgebase at support.onsip.com.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.